Sunday, October 13, 2013

Of Mice And Men And Fights To Win (A Long Time Ago)

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Not exactly the world's biggest Rachel Maddow fan. But right now I'm listening to everybody, trying to gauge where we are, and the Left seems to be seeing what I do - madness has gripped the Right and they don't recognize it. Conservatives seem pretty proud to be rubbing shoulders with racial resentments, and religious fruitcakes, while losing one battle after another, each to be worn like a badge of honor. 

Just a big ol' pile of nothin'.


You know, this blog used to catch shit for it's name - specifically the word "macho" - because, at the time, any guy willing to stick his chest out and say "no more" to the NewAge feminist bullshit was seen, not as forward thinking, but pretty pig-headed. But I stuck with it anyway, since I grew up around some of the baddest motherfuckers the Earth has ever seen, and Pastel World's caricature of their lives couldn't put a dent in my mine.


I bring it up because this fake "macho" posturing, among folks who couldn't burst a grape in a fruit fight, can be pretty damaging. You know what I mean - the guys who got picked on in school, trying to get revenge as adults, etc.. They're just assholes who need their asses kicked - again - but, of course, they're all armed to the teeth now (OMG - black teens!) so, for the most part, we're stuck watching them destroy themselves. And destroy themselves they will. Because they never knew how to fight in the first place. It's all talk, just as before.


I've got all kinds of battles in my background. I can still remember getting knocked down - in elementary school - and desperately trying to protect my head as a gang kicked me in every place possible. I fought 5 guys one time, totally stick-and-move, until someone came up behind me with a paint roller (like you'd use to cover walls) and planted it firmly in the back of my neck. There was a 300 lb. white guy in the Navy, after I was already injured, who used his girth to corner me before beating me into submission. And the Mexican who beat me silly, boxing, demonstrating the difference between "the sweet science" and street fighting.


But you know what never happened? No one ever lost respect for me for losing. The leader of that elementary school gang? Somehow, he and I ended up serving together for a while in the Navy, and to my surprise he'd threaten anyone who so much as looked at me cross-eyed, like he was repaying a debt. Those 5 guys (with the paint roller) unfortunately they're all dead now, but they became my good friends, too. The 300 lb. white guy, once he realized I was fighting him injured, actually picked me up and carried me to medical care. And that Mexican boxer eventually taught me everything I was doing wrong, happily, because - like all the others - he saw that what I lacked in skills, I made up with heart.


Nothing like that just happened with Ted Cruz & Co.. Instead of actually fighting, Cruz pushed Boehner towards Obama to say "Knock this chip off my shoulder," and when the president did, they cried he wouldn't let them win. Big whoop. Big Man. Just pathetic. The only one we can look up to is Boehner because he's always been the only one with anything on the line. The rest are just instigators, scattering now to brag about how they put Obama on the spot, when no such thing happened. They just lost, and the Republican Party paid the price for it.


Doesn't matter what Cruz says - or what he thinks of himself:



To my eyes, there was absolutely no honor in any of it,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON