Tuesday, April 9, 2013

In The Name Of Jesus

 

 That reprehensible Texas con man, Joel Osteen, was the target of an equally reprehensible but elaborate internet hoax, that had him delivering this cool-assed message to the public:
As many of you may know, and may have heard in the news recently, many of my sermons have deviated from traditional Christian doctrine. I have been accused of altering the ‘message’ to fit my own doctrine and dogma. Others have accused me of preaching ‘feel good Christianity’. I have also been accused of profiting greatly from my ministry, with my books and television deals. 
Many of their criticisms are legitimate. 
What they don’t know is that deep down in my heart, for a number of years now, I have been questioning the faith, Christianity and whether Jesus Christ is really my, or anyone’s, ‘savior’. 
I believe now that the Bible is a fallible, flawed, highly inconsistent history book that has been altered hundreds of times. There is zero evidence the Bible is the holy word of God. In fact, there is zero evidence “God” even exists. 
No God worth believing in is going to send you to Hell for not believing in him. Not even the worst sinner and scum of the Earth deserves eternal torment in Hell. In fact, God is more likely to congratulate you upon entering Heaven for doubting, questioning and not believing the religionists and their flimsy facts, demands of blind faith and lack of hard evidence. 
Fortunately, once the hoax was discovered, Osteen reportedly said "Fuck it," laughed a little, and then promptly went back to fleecing the public,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON