Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I Saw The "Healthy" Blown Up Yesterday (No Thank You)


Oh, geez, look at the latest health news from the cultists:
Adhering to a western style diet lowers a person's chances of achieving older age in good health and with higher functionality, according to a news release. The latest study, published in The American Journal of Medicine, states that a western style diet, which includes fried and sweet food, processed and red meat, high fat dairy products and refined grains leads to a greater risk of premature death.
I'd believe that if I'd never traveled and seen what lousy condition the rest of the world is in. This "news release" should also include one other major discovery in the west that's never mentioned: 

 Constant hectoring by the untrustworthy makes people want to die sooner. 

 I'll take a bacon double cheese burger, over hearing another oikaphobic message, any day,...
 

1 comment:

  1. Sheeet, tell that to my dad, smoked 2-3 packs of unfiltered roll your owns a day, drank a fifth of hard liquor almost daily (and he was diabetic), and ate anything and everything he damn well wanted to (because he said he could)...died at 72. My mom had to have heart surgery for a faulty valve (thanks to one of those childhood diseases that they now have vaccines for), refused to quit smoking cigars or drinking beer, and ate junk food the last 4 years of her life steadily because "I just don't feel like cooking anymore"...died just this year, a few months before her 79th birthday (I suppose the argument could be that they could have lived longer if they were "healthy", but thing is: I don't think they wanted to -- same goes for my grandparents AND my great grandparents, all of which lived past 99; the minute somebody stepped in a put them in a home where they couldn't live the way they wanted to, they were dead outside of a year). So much for taking care of your health.
    I guess the thing that pisses me off is this: if you truly LIKE doing something (like eating veggies or running), if it's not some outcrop of health craze obsession but something you really find yourself digging then do it -- but don't do it because some fool tells you that this is the "only way" you can live healthy/clean/pure whatever bs. (I for one like to go camping and doing wildery stuff -- but it has nothing to do with "communing with nature"...which means I probably commune with nature more than the hippies...because I don't go looking for nature to do anything to "change" me or "awaken" me or some such; and I really don't like hippies assuming that I'm "with" them just because we're both out there in the woods).

    PW

    That said: I do feel badly for those people and the spectators -- especially the kids. And I'm not digging assholes terrorizing Americans (which is one of the reasons I'm here -- I don't like people pushing around my folks, no matter how mad I might be at my folks).

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON