Monday, April 1, 2013

I Left The Ghetto (Only To Find One In White's Minds)


It's kind of shocking to see this in print, even if the writer does try to put a positive spin on it:  
Not everyone loves meditation, but most people generally see the benefit of quieting the mind. I was surprised when a yoga student in a workshop I was leading told me very passionately that she thought meditation was part of a brainwashing cult. As she launched into a tirade about the experience of being brainwashed at a meditation retreat, a light bulb clicked on in my head. I had to interrupt her, because I suddenly realized she was right. The whole spiritual path is a brainwashing.
Hey - after years of denials that anything of the kind was happening - I'll take these two NewAger's half-truth, over everybody else's lie, any day. It's not lost on me their meditation discussion - about what happened at a retreat - took place in a yoga workshop because, as I've said many times, those are all cult interests and gathering places. As is The Huffington Post, where the article appeared, being owned and run by a cultist, Arianna Huffington. There's hardly any escaping it. "The whole spiritual path is a brainwashing"? Please - two people who've been conned, attempting to tell the truth out of everyone else? The band War got it right:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON