Monday, April 8, 2013

I Give Up


I know I'm on the right track when Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists agree with my blog's choice of subject matter:
“As a reporter, I've always been humbled by the power of religious belief to transform individuals and societies for good and for ill. So it's striking to me that as journalists we spend so much time talking about politics, which is important, but people can hold strong political beliefs without actually having that affect their behavior. It's not so easy to do that when those beliefs are religious in nature.”

"For good and for ill" - what possible "ill" could he be talking about? It's Jesus, right, Meade? Jesus is just love, love, love - and the continual attempted rape of children with the O.K. of college professors. 

That's why they need forgiveness.

 (College professors, in their wisdom, cover politics, in case you didn't notice.) 

From the start of my ordeal with this shit, I've written about the reluctance of journalists to go there. Now I think it's probably for the best, because most are too dumb to tackle other issues intelligently, so why should I think religion would be any different? 

 Religion certainly doesn't seem any different from journalism,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON