Monday, April 11, 2011

Give Support To What You're Sure To Believe In

Here's a round-up of religious links for everyone to "connect with", as I conceive of my latest brainstorm - I'll give you the political ones in the next post:

Beijing police halt unapproved church service:
"China's Communist government allows worship only in state-approved churches, but many Christians belong to unregistered congregations. Such 'house churches' are subjected to varying degrees of harassment by authorities.
Church pews are emptying because we are 'living longer and don't fear death':
"Not only do the young in wealthy nations begrudge spending a large proportion of their life at church, they see little point when death seems so far away."
Donald Trump to Brody File - 'I believe in God. I am Christian:
"I believe in God. I am Christian. I think The Bible is certainly, it is THE book. It is the thing. I was raised and I gave you a picture just now and perhaps you'll use that picture I found it from a long time ago. First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica queens is where I went to church. I'm a protestant, I'm a Presbyterian. And you know I've had a good relationship with the church over the years. I think religion is a wonderful thing. I think my religion is a wonderful religion."
Democrats - The Pro-Abortion party:
"On Friday, the federal government almost shut down over abortion, more than 38 years after Roe v. Wade was supposed to have settled the question."
Scientologists Touch-Heal Japanese Tsunami Victims:
"Let us not forget that cult activity can be worse: Members of a quasi-Catholic ephebophile sex cult could be descending from the mountains, pushing yogurt-smeared copulation upon the vulnerable masses. Just don't rape, traffic, or enslave anyone, OK, Scientology?"

1 comment:

  1. Ah but it's worse still, amigo-

    "the young" might not be in "church" but they sure do love the new age bullshit in their Star Wars, World of Warcraft and console games...

    And for the slightly older there's always the pablum of LOST, Star Trek and political commentary.

    All catechisms are religious, even when they pretend to be secular.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON