Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Debra Saunders Seems To Be Catching On Now

Wow - I can hardly grasp she wrote this:
The first tip-off that Greg Mortenson's memoir "Three Cups of Tea" has some credibility issues comes in the book's introduction. Co-author David Oliver Relin writes that as Mortenson is flying over Pakistan, the helicopter pilot marvels to Mortenson, "I've been flying in northern Pakistan for 40 years. How is it you know the terrain better than me?"

The pilot also confides, "Flying with President Musharraf, I've become acquainted with many world leaders, many outstanding gentlemen and ladies. But I think Greg Mortenson is the most remarkable person I've ever met."

People don't talk like that. Books don't lead with that level of self-aggrandizement. Unless they want to induct you into a cult.
Cult of 'Three Cups of Tea' Should Have Known Better

I'll have to ask her if she's been heckled, as I have, for redefining the term as well,...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON