Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Onion Makes My Eyes Water (Again)


Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are

So few want to address the Obama Cult phenomena, it's gratifying to see this acknowledgment of how the cultists have appeared to anyone who isn't part of it. Today white people ran up to me - people I didn't know - screaming "Oh my God, this is unbelievable! I don't believe it!" without ever noticing I didn't share their enthusiasm. If they were walking in the opposite direction, once they looked up and saw me - a black man! - some reversed direction and the gushing began.

I saw "Obama" used as a greeting, a social lubricant, and a threat today. Hostility lay just below the surface of all of it. Despite McCain's gracious acceptance speech, and Obama's stated preference for everyone to come together, I heard venom being spit on Bush, Palin, and McCain, like the Democrats didn't understand they just won the election. No matter what Obama or I want, the deranged Left can't look forward for looking back, making me wonder if the presidency of Obama isn't doomed before it's even started. The Left is toxic and can't restrain itself. The media is toxic and can't restrain itself.

Let the mindless over-reaching begin,...

Speaking of "mindless over-reaching", the last sentence is always a plug for:

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I just discovered your blog on account of having done a blog-search for "The Onion" and I gotta say that your profile on the side of the page along with this blog post (the only one I've thus far read) is very impressive, interesting and sympatico. I'm gonna look a little further and I'm pleased to have met you (I can use a proverbial black friend ;-)

    Cheers,

    mnuez

    ReplyDelete
  2. If an Obama Win Causes Obsessive Supporters To Realize How Empty Their Lives Are, I doubt many of them are as obsessed with him as you seem to be. I mean look at how much of your time and energy you spend on him. Cant you just accept that he won by a big majority and wish him well instead of constantly trying to tear him down? Or do you think that doing your best to undermine the democratically elected leader of our country is patriotic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're delusional:

    6 percent is not a "big majority". For comparison, Bush won by 8 and Reagan by 10 (Which is considered a "big majority").

    Our country can't function without a "loyal" opposition, Lee. I made it clear I'm not part of the cult - his own campaign's word - but I'm a patriot and now sympathetic enough to want him to succeed, but that's going to be based on what he and his "followers" do - not just on some knee-jerk idea that because the media helped him win I have to do as I'm told. Keep your eyes open:

    He may win me over yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of the media, I recall Brian Williams commenting on Virginia when it was still close early on . He said, "Wouldn't the Democrats love to retake the former headquarters of the Confederacy."

    Talk about a choice of words that deliberately sticks it up southern conservatives' ass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bill,

    Thanks for the donation, man (I almost forgot to mention it, and I'd never want to do that: you're my knight, dude.)

    Man, the media is so "in the tank" they've sprouted gills, and their hatred for whites, conservatives, the south, etc., is ugly. I think they're completely out of touch with the character of the country - the whole country - and it'll turn on them, eventually, because Americans don't like being pushed around, which is what's happening now.

    As you probably noticed, my anger is directed at the media - not Obama - and it'll stay there until I see them make amends and some major changes:

    They've betrayed us for the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're bringing everyone down, Crack Emcee. The mainstream has been fawning over black men for a decade here in UK. Nowadays young women are desperate for a designer mixed-race or black boyfriend to look hip and as if they're running with the cool kids. You should be making hay while the sun shines... after all, that `End of History' thing didn't work out too well the last time someone called it... and what history tells us in actual fact is that the mob is nothing if not fickle...

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON