Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Mind Like A Rock, A River, And A Tree


This clip of Maya Angelou, saying she no longer has to apologize for America when abroad now that Barack Obama has won, is particularly disheartening for me because she was once my babysitter. I, for one, have never felt a need to apologize for my country, because there is no country I've ever visited that is better, morally or otherwise. (And I've traveled a lot.)

Like Michelle Obama's crack, about being proud of America "for the first time" when the president-elect was running, these are people exposing their own demented thoughts - thoughts that prevent them from seeing what they don't want to see - and, in my honest opinion, they shame us all.

These people, and comments, diminish our country, it's history, it's accomplishments, and it's citizens.

If you're proud of your country - and think a black guy who is as well needs to be heard from - then lend your support to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON