Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dealing Dementia From The Bottom Of The Deck

"I forget sometimes how powerful and important the tarot can be in helping me take a good hard look at my life. This past weekend I had this really big question on my brain (not related to work) and I asked it, doing a full Celtic cross reading on it. The results were baffling... they made no sense!

...Until I realized that it had completely ignored my question and had gone straight ahead onto critiquing my work situation.

Sometimes I hate the tarot because it has that funny way of telling you what you really need to hear, rather than what you actually want to know. So I got a big fat kick in the ass, lots of hard love and a solid amount of chiding before I realized it was SO right. And I was forced to see what I had been turning a blind eye to for months.

It was only after I had properly digested this information that I decided not to let the tarot off the hook completely. I asked my original question and pulled a single card for an answer.

And I got it.

Cheeky tarot."


-- "Diana", an obviously disturbed woman, giving human characteristics to inanimate objects, on a NewAge blog (ironically but appropriately) named Silly Buddha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON