Thursday, October 2, 2008

They Weez Because They're Tired

The L.A. Times has a blog called The Big Picture, and Patrick Goldstein was asking "Could music videos possibly be cool again?". He mentioned the new Weezer video (for the song "Pork & Beans") as an example of "what's happening" now, but, as usual for me, I thought it sucked - or, at least, was mildly amusing at best. Cool shot of a hamster with a human face, though, don't you think?

Much better was this video, below, with some old guy actually blending the Weezer CD with a can of pork and beans. It made me laugh, and showed much more inventiveness than Weezer putting all those internet has-beens in theirs, which was the lame-ass hook of the whole production. Check it out:



Really, people, is it that hard to be creative now'a'days? Has it ever been? Coulda fooled me,...it's no wonder everything feels like it's going to shit:

I could take all these so-called "artists" with one hand tied behind my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON