Thursday, October 16, 2008

There's A Time And Place For Everything

As you can tell, I'm not posting a lot today. Instead, I'm standing watch over a terrorized Korean couple who have been robbed three times in the last two weeks. Why am I blogging about it? Because I think it speaks volumes about what can happen when you let bullshit like "open-mindedness", smooth talk - and skin color - get in the way of critical thinking.

My Korean friends befriended a "nice" Korean guy, a "smooth talker" who looked like them but had made some "associations" that weren't so nice - with some black and mexican criminals. Through Mr. Nice Guy, the blacks and mexicans found out everything: what valuables were in the Korean couple's home, when they were away at work, and when they'd return.

So, the first time, Mr. Nice Guy let the black and mexican criminals into my friend's house and they took a few things without making it too obvious. With my prodding, my Korean friends booted Mr. Nice Guy from their life. The second time, the bad guys broke in while my friends were away and trashed the place, ripping open drawers and turning over mattresses, leaving no stone unturned. Then, last night, as I was watching the debates, one of my Korean friends (the wife) came home from work with her pay - it was the 15th - and a black guy ran up and snatched her purse, getting her money, credit cards, cell phone, etc., before jumping into a waiting car. She immediately ran to my house, terrified, and I've been with them ever since.

Just as I'm used to hearing the Obama campaign's "guilt by association" talking point, regarding Bill Ayers and Co., I'm sure you know where I'm going with this - but here I go anyway: to trust somebody, with no record of being trustworthy, for the president of the United States - just because he's a black American - is as stupid as what my Korean friends have done. Like America and Barack Obama, they hardly knew the guy. Like America and Barack Obama, they saw his allies before anything happened but, desperately, wanted to be seen as "open-minded" regarding race and ignored the signals. Like America and Barack Obama, my friends accepted a bunch of excuses from Mr. Nice Guy for the first incident - just as Barack has one for everything that's happened in Chicago - so my friends didn't protect themselves with the necessary precautions. And now, just like I expect with America and Barack Obama, they've paid an extremely high price. Not only that but it's spread to involve me, their landlord, the police, their neighbors, and anyone else they and Mr. Nice Guy have come in contact with.

And - most importantly - like with America and Barack Obama (and just like with Bill and Hillary Clinton, and all the nonsense that came crawling out from under their Little Rock in Arkansas, which the local papers warned us about but the MSM chose to ignore) they didn't have to take this risk.

My Korean friends could've booted Mr. Nice Guy as soon as they discovered his associations. They could've booted him as soon as they heard the lame excuses that didn't add up. They could've taken precautions after the first robbery - but they didn't. Why not? Because they wanted to help someone. They wanted to be "open-minded". They didn't want to be seen as "negative" people. They didn't want to appear racist. Sound familiar?

Oh, and of course, I had (previously) come across as "angry" and "cranky" - just like John McCain - and now I (another military man) am having to respond as their personal Guardian Angel when no one else can or will.

Again - I can hear some of you already: one thing has nothing to do with the other. To which I reply, "Bullshit."

The capacity for some Americans to ignore their critical faculties, and see what they want to see, is exactly the key to all of our current troubles - and one of the main points of this blog. Whether it be the wars, Katrina, or the mortgage crisis, some people have been determined to ignore all the evidence - evidence that points directly to the Democratic Party's efforts to undermine the current president so they can blame him when things don't work out - and they can now attempt to attain the White House. Evidence that says this has been a historically cheap and cynical 8 year display of exactly how much damage one party can do to their own country, placing us all in danger - world-wide - so much that we can all feel the walls moving in as our enemies celebrate, and encourage the NewAge idiots to keep moving forward, no matter what.

The moral of this post is, as the NewAgers (wrongly) said to "D-Fens", Michael Douglas's straight-arrow, in the liberal movie Falling Down: "The problem,...is you."

1 comment:

  1. We see McCain get emotional and Obama stay calm. Maybe Obama has sociopathic tendencies - no pulse. No accelerated heart rate or gag reflex when he lies or hangs with scumbags.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON