Thursday, October 2, 2008

That Wasn't Good

Damn. That was brutal. No one seems to want to admit it - not even the MSM (maybe because they need a story) - but the truth is she wasn't ready. The question about what they'd do if the principals were gone brought it home. She may have been nervous as hell, which made her seem out of touch, but, though she had her moments, the truth is she just wasn't ready. As she herself acknowledged, five weeks weren't enough. And going against Biden? There was no contest.

Which brings me to the next problem: what to do about an election that quite likely will be won by a man I just don't trust, Barack Obama? I don't know. I know I can't vote for him. But I have no idea where it goes from here.

I think Palin can get up to speed and hope she will. I still like her. I still want McCain to win.

But in the mean time, I fear for my country.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be interested to know what you think Obama will do if he is elected. Can it really be that bad that 'the other guy' gets in? Seems to me that it's healthy for democracy if there's a change of government every once in a while.

    Being a wishy washy superstitious weirdo will hardly affect the balance of trade or damage the US reputation overseas. It won't make the creeks dry up or divert valuable resources from the secondary or tertiary sectors.

    And given the massive tax cuts have only ever benefited the very highest earners, difficult to see how a reversal will have an adverse effect there either.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON