Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It's Liberal NewAgers Who Are Full Of Fear

"Last year, Mrs. Obama introduced her husband at a campaign event in Council Bluffs, Iowa. Like so many of Mrs. Obama’s speeches, this one reflected a jaundiced view of her country. She began by telling the crowd that her husband was 'special.' Nothing very unusual there. But then she offered a glimpse (she said) into their private discussions prior to his run for the White House: We talked about it and asked people what they were concerned about and it was fear. They were afraid. 'It was fear raising its ugly head. Fear in one of the most important decisions we would make. It was fear of everything. Fear that we might lose. Fear that he might get hurt. Fear that this would be ugly. Fear that it would hurt our family. Fear.'"

-- Mona Charen, exposing the Chicken Little mindset of New Age Liberals in Chicago's Hyde Park, who I'm sure (like all Liberals) are always asking Conservatives "What are you afraid of?" as an effort of projection, in the National Review Online.

I find it really interesting that when Michelle Obama goes on with her story, saying she had rejected fear as a reason not to run, Liberals believe her - and are inspired by her. But when I, a Conservative, tell Liberals I'm not scared - but, rather, disgusted - they reject it out of hand as impossible and a lie. I have to react to the outside world the same way they do, don't I?

Well, actually, no. As a matter of fact, it might not be P.C. to say so but I don't think, generally, black people are raised to be scared in life. It's like tales of slavery and the ghetto experience ran all the fear out of some of us; taught us instead to be bold. In the worst cases not to give a damn. The kinds of things blacks are afraid of have to do with what we've been exposed to. Where I grew up, it was stuff like getting your feet destroyed with a ball-peen hammer. I mean, I'm not an intimidating figure, or the world's greatest fighter, but I've gotten in brawls with groups of men and didn't bat an eyelash, so it's highly unlikely I'm going to quake in my boots over NewAgers and their silly beliefs, whatever they are. They just make me sick. And so does the Buddhist suggestion that everyone's full of fear.

It's NewAgers who are the cowards. They are the one's who see "the politics of fear" all around them. And they're letting it drive them to do stupid things politically. George W. Bush is their specter of Hitler, Satan, etc., causing them to react like they must behave like Nazis and demons to survive. Liberals don't mind the charge now that it's they who are behaving in a dishonorable manner because they imagine they've been treated that way before - never realizing it was their own fears that made them feel that way. Bush "stole" the 2000 election? Funny but the newspaper investigations into that process - including a major one by the New York Times - didn't find that. It was all in the Liberal mind, and America's been made to pay the price ever since.



Sarah Palin drums up the same emotions in Liberals; that's why they've reacted so strongly to her on the McCain ticket: they're scared of her. Yesterday, a friend of mine asked me what I thought of the famous "witchcraft" video, thinking that would be something I'd find bizarre. I told him I hadn't watched it - I'd read about it - but that, considering all the other nonsense Liberals were gasping about regarding Palin, it hadn't struck me as anything important to focus on.

My friend was shocked. Obviously, as a Conservative, I was letting my bias for the McCain/Palin ticket override my atheism so as to give it a pass. But (like a lot of outsiders formulations about how my mind works) that wasn't true at all. Unlike Keith Olbermann, an African Christian blessing someone against witchcraft just didn't strike me as any more strange than anything else Christians do. I mean, the guy is African - and Africans believe in witches - and he and Sarah Palin are Christians. Where's the weird? I just, correctly, deduced the outcry over this event as another example of Liberals overreacting out of fear for political gain.

But, then, that's what this entire election is really all about.

There's nothing to be afraid of, as long you've got:

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you agree with me that liberals are cowards.

    And you're right, except you used the wrong sexual pronoun - it should read "he" - but Michelle Obama won't be anywhere near the button.

    Thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mistake. no agreement. Palin is as qualified to be vp as you are. we're lucky neither of you are going to get it

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this time in 2000, Al Gore was up by 20 points. And at this time in 2004, Kerry was up by 15. You'll recall that Democrats claimed premature victory in each of those elections.

    In even the most optimistic polls, Obama is only up by 11 (and, I might add, he's never won a straight-up election for office against an opponent) adding in the Wilder Effect (5 points) and the 1/4 of Democrats who say they won't vote for him because he's black (5 points) plus the 1/5 who say they won't vote for him because they simply don't believe he'll do what he says (let's say 2-3 points) there's a clear message for you before you pop the champagne:

    Don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dont need to. Youre doing it for both of us. Shit is a lot worse for the repubs now than it has been before, and it gets worse every day. Far as mccain and Palin getting elected, we learned our lesson 4 years ago, and wont be that stupoid again. leastways most of us wont!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not afraid of much. But then guess this doesn't apply as I'm not a liberal or an Obama supporter per se.

    If all you say about Obama is true - of consorting with, and gaining advantage from, crooks and self-interested assholes - then that makes McCain better than him and Bush. And this is the thing that I find fascinating as an outsider. The reason to vote McCain is so there won't be 'more of the same'. I mean, I believe he and Palin when they say their agenda is to fix the mess. It's just a funny thing for them to be saying after eight years of Republican rule.

    Of course, we differ on this point as I have all the evidence I need, and more, that Bush and his cronies are grade A assholes. This is not partisan (or I wouldn't have a good word for McCain) just realistic.

    And possibly this is where your assessment of anti-GOP feeling is out: it isn't all wealth envy or fear or blind hatred; some of it is genuine well deserved dislike for the likes of Trent Lott, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz. They don't seem appreciably better than the cabal of baddies you identify on the Dem side - not to these eyes anyway.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON