Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Like Applying A Zapper To Our Brains

“Why, oh, why do I keep perusing NaturalNews.com?

Why do I subject myself to wave after wave of neuron-apoptosing stupidity of a magnitude that even activation of NF-kappaB, Akt, and neuronal cell survival signaling pathways can barely keep the killing stupidity at bay? I guess it's because it provides such good blog fodder for a skeptical blog dedicated to science- and evidence-based medicine. On the other hand, it often gives me a headache to read its contents. Really, it does. I mean, looking at how Mike Adams, the Woo-meister Supreme and Chief Tin Foil Hat responsible for the lunacy there, regularly serves up fare that alternates between the simply over-the-top hilarious (unintentionally, of course) and the truly vile (although leaning more towards the vile) that the alternating current of fun woo and dumb woo seriously stresses the electrical impulses flowing through my brain.

Perhaps I could use some acupuncture for that headache.

But not just any acupuncture. Oh, no. That would be too mundane, too boring, too...pedestrian. Needles? Stuck into the skin? Physically? How primitive! There might even be a tiny drop of blood! We can't have that! No, I'm a 21st century kind of guy, and I need a 21st century form of woo. It needs to be high tech woo of the finest caliber. Just like Dr. Evil, I want my frikkin' sharks to have frikkin' laser beams.

That's right:

Laser acupuncture!”


Orac, cracking me up more than I thought he could, with another dose of Respectful Insolence

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON