Tuesday, September 30, 2008

NewAgers: Beware What You Wish For

“'Off the record, every suspicion you have about MSM being in the tank for O is true. We have a team of 4 people going thru dumpsters in Alaska and 4 in arizona. Not a single one looking into Acorn, Ayers or Freddiemae. Editor refuses to publish anything that would jeopardize election for O, and betting you dollars to donuts same is true at NYT, others. People cheer when CNN or NBC run another Palin-mocking but raising any reasonable inquiry into obama is derided or flat out ignored. The fix is in, and its working.' I asked permission to reprint without attribution and it was granted.
-- Instapundit, with an email from a reader who works in a mainstream media newsroom, which I found on Little Green Footballs.

Maybe someone can tell me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the first American election where the media is actually trying to manufacture the outcome, isn't it? And, of course, the Democratic Party has no problem with that - not one peep about unfairness, or even an attempt to hide the appearance of a double-standard - no, the Left will now do anything to win, no matter how ugly; no matter how low. And, I guess, they think no one notices - or that they'll get away with it. I don't think so. People don't like being manipulated, y'know?

It keeps looking, more and more, like these apocalyptic NewAgers I've spoken to are gonna get what they, repeatedly, say they want:

Civil War.

So, I think, Barack Obama better start considering campaigning in a Pope-Mobile.*

*This is not - I repeat: not - a threat against Barack Obama. Just an acknowledgment that shit's looking awful sketchy out there now, and the MSM bears a lot of responsibility for it: they're just not doing their job. I don't think anybody today minds losing a political contest, but the appearance of being railroaded can get under people's skin - and this certainly looks like we're being railroaded.

And the MSM is driving the train.

3 comments:

  1. Hard to say from here, as I'm (thankfully) not exposed to as much American media but the old sawhorse about media influence swinging an election and spelling doom for democracy has been dragged out in a few elections that I've followed.

    Not because we're paranoid nuts for noticing but because the reality is that media barons do wield influence and aren't shy in doing so. Rupert Murdoch has dominion over the hearts and minds of the United States, Great Britain and Australia. I think he's in China as well, with Fox. And they'll turn on a leader who gets them offside, whatever the political stripe.

    Most of our media barons, which includes the Murdoch dynasty, are less likely personally to support as radical a proposition as President Arabic-name half-African aspirational chair bouncing sounding type. But considering the media companies typically cater to all - competing - factions and cliques, it will depend on which side News Ltd's bread is buttered.

    There's a bit of the Press following the public mood as much as vice versa.

    And you have to remember, that while you and I take this seriously,(what it means to vote) that mood can be most frivolous. Can you stand on your feet and project outward, can you address all the issues that the heartland are feeling, can you explain upfront who our core constituency as well as some providing a snappy platitude about serving all [Liverpuddlians] even though we know no politician does that, or perhaps even can do that.

    To me, traditional Left and Right, the actual powerbrokers who are going to grab the brass ring in November, are both as bad as each other. As keen to blame the other guy when the shit goes down, as keen to concoct some excuse when its obvious they're in the wrong, as keen to pretend that they knew all along that this would happen even though they're caught on tape saying otherwise. At the most primitive level, it's simians flinging shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR. his phone number: +2348108737816.

    ReplyDelete

  3. My name is CARISSA WILLIAM, and I base in USA...My life is back!!! After 2 years of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids . I felt like my life was about to end i almost committed suicide, i was emotionally down for a very long time. Thanks to a spell caster called Dr AIFEBO , which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet,I came across allot of testimonies about this particular spell caster. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he can cast a spell to stop divorce and so on. i also come across one particular testimony,it was about a woman called Sonia,she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped Dr AIFEBO e-mail address. After reading all these,I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 24hours, my husband came back to me. We solved our issues, and we are even happier than before Dr AIFEBO, is really a gifted man and i will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man... If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine spell caster to solve all your problems for you. Try High dr. aifabospelltemple@gmail.com
    anytime, he might be the answer to your problems. Here's his contact: dr.aifebospelltemple@gmail.com.
    (1)If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dreams.
    (3)You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4)You want women/men to run after you.
    (5)If you want a child.
    6)You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (7)Herbal care
    (8)Marriage Spells.......

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON