Friday, May 2, 2008

Oh Yea, I Can Support All That!

"I am a guy of 39 years and have been going out with a married woman of 34 years for the past two years. Our friendship is very sweet. She calls me daily, and sends me love and kisses by text message daily. We have great sex like once a month. Whenever we are not together she says she misses me. She is very independent, a free spirit, and has attributes of a cat."

"My husband of 12 years just told me he now realizes he never loved me. We have five children; the oldest is 10 and the youngest is 2 weeks.

Because of my need to understand, I have been asking many questions. He finally told me that he had been thinking about this for a long time. Yet a few weeks ago things were fine.

He said he has lost himself, he isn't happy and he doesn't see the purpose of trying to work it out. He only stayed married because he felt obligated. He wanted to love me but the love is not there. He says that we should not have gotten married in the first place. He now wants a divorce.

When I brought up a time he told me he was jealous of a co-worker, he told me I was mistaken and that never happened, and that if it did happen that I confused the issue with something else."


"Dear reader,

I woke up this morning thinking about the Rev. Wright. You know what bugs me about this whole Rev. Wright thing? I identify with that Rev. Wright character. I saw clips of him on "The Daily Show" acting kinda crazy and I thought, gee, I relate to that guy! He's just having a good time stirring things up!

I mean, he's a troublemaker too. But on behalf of all the other half-crazy troublemakers in this wild and crazy United States, I say: Americans, just relax and chill out! These newscasters on TV are acting like high school kids.

It's just been bugging me."


"I'm completely irresponsible."

-- Four very different letters from four very different people - including one by Cary "the Buddhist" Tennis himself - that paint a singularly ugly picture of what the liberal world-view does in society. As submitted to Cary Tennis' very-liberal advice column on the very-liberal Salon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON