Monday, May 12, 2008

Keep Your Head Up, Panda

"I had a fascinating conversation with a chiropractor the other day that I might tell you about. He asked me what kind of doctor I was and when I said, with tongue in cheek of course, that I was the kind who proves Darwin wrong every day he took this as a signal that I did not believe in evolution and, with this entre, what followed was the most bizarre diatribe against science, modern medicine, vaccinations, the Pope, the Queen of England, and President Bush that I have ever heard. He professed membership in a cult (Scientology), was taking a correspondence course in Naturopathy (although he already incorporated it into his practice), and bragged that his proudest achievement was adjusting the medication lists of his elderly patients, often removing ten or twelve drugs from their regimen…all without the benefit of any formal training in medicine (A laudable effort, no doubt, but replacing them with Ginkgo Biloba and Foxglove tea is criminal).

Then he tried to recruit me into a multilevel marketing scam.

Absolutely beautiful."


-- Panda Bear, M.D., finding "a little stuffing left to beat out" of CAM, as he ponders what else to write about.

Brilliant - even when he's hardly trying.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the SAME WAY. I think he should be President. maybe i will write in PB on my ballot. hmmmmm, it's a thought.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON