Monday, February 4, 2008

Just Don't Say That Word

"[Kathy Griffin] slayed the audience with a brand-new act that leaned heavily on Scientology skewering material. You see, one of Kathy's best friends was a Sex and the City writer/producer named Judy Toll, who died in 2002 from complications of melanoma. Toll joined Scientology in an attempt to network with bigwigs in the entertainment industry, but then swiftly realized that she needed to get out as fast as she could. Only prob? Anyone seeking an exit sign from Tom Cruise's House of Horrors needs, according to Griffin, 'a lawyer who specializes in getting people out of cults.'"

- From the website, Defamer

Oh, come now - this can't be true - because, like in Rosemary's Baby, everyone's been working awfully hard to assure me there's no such thing as cults (as a way to "help" me with my "problem"). And/or the cults that do exist are just working in Hollywood, and - ever since my ex-wife, Karine, declared she could walk through walls - I've only been imagining they're operating freely in the San Francisco Bay Area.

That's the whole story, right? I mean, Kathy Griffin's show was in New York, and my friends (all terribly "open-minded" San Francisco Bay Area types) wouldn't lie to me, would they? It's not like I can prove that cults have always like the Bay Area's "open-mindedness",... or anything. Or that the demand to be "open-minded" is cultish in itself.

Or can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON